Parish Council minutes 27 November 2012

27 November 2012
ELLINGHAM, HARBRIDGE & IBSLEY PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held in Ellingham Church Hall on Tuesday 27 November 2012.
Present:
Cllr Burtenshaw (Chairman)
Cllr Lane
Cllr Stokes
Cllr Errington
Cllr Webster
Cllr Spark
CCllr Heron
DCllr Dow
Natasha Mackenzie (Clerk)

Members of the Public (0).

1. Apologies
12/223
Apologies were received by the clerk from Cllr Shand and Cllr Richardson.

2. Disclosures of Interest – none.

3. Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 23 October 2012.
12/224
It was resolved the minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 23 October 2012 were to be signed as a true and accurate record. Proposed by Cllr Spark and seconded by Cllr Webster. All in favour.
4. Chairman’s Report on Matters Arising from 23 October 2012
12/225

Broadband
Nothing to report although as circulated by Clerk on 22.11.12, HCC have circulated a note to the effect that they are seeking tenders to provide faster broadband to some areas of the County which will be considered next February/March and implemented next summer.

Parking on Verges
i. Re: Cross Lanes Green. We had advised no further action until the Spring but as the problem persists (as photographed by Cllr Webster) action to provide a sign will be taken now.
ii. Re: General parking by fishermen on verges particularly by Rockford and Snails Lakes. (Brought forward from planning committee). We identified the need for there to be a land ownership map in order to be able to direct matters of concern. Such a map will be addressed by the Blashford Lakes Access Forum and we await the outcome. However, if there is a volunteer to start work on this it would be an interesting project!

Community Payback
There has been discussion about what this project could achieve e.g. litter picking.
I should like to ask the Clerk to clarify the costs, benefits, responsibilities and possible areas to be tackled; on the basis of which we can make a decision at the January meeting.

Queen’s Diamond Jubilee
Trees proposed to be planted in early Spring. Suitable sites still to be found.

Website
A successful meeting has been attended by Cllr Spark and the new organiser, Richard Loader. He is currently cross referencing information with Daniel Chatfield and gaining familiarity with the site and our objectives. He is also discussing how to download the minutes of our meetings. Progress is good but any input from Cllrs as to what they would like to see on the eventual website should be addressed to Cllr Spark or myself.

Moyles Court Barriers/Dragons Teeth
See separate report on meeting with Natural England. However, in principle Natural England are in agreement with proposals. I have written to Hanson Trust with regard to obtaining a grant for the work, estimated at around £2,250 and await a response as to whether a formal application need be made.

Headlands 106 Monies.
This has been moved from the planning committee and an update and explanation about the available funds is awaited from Martin Devine. Cllr Errington to chase.

EA Fishing Survey
The reports from EA on River Avon, Harbridge and Woodside Carriers have been received and circulated. The Clerk is to request further information on Dockens Water and Linford Stream and Latchmore Brook.

Forest Fit Club/ National Trust.
i. At the last PC meeting, Michelle Baxter gave a talk on the profile of the National Trust and also commented on the new regime and potential licencing arrangement with Forest Fit Club. The PC had expressed regret that they had not been asked to be involved in the consultation especially as it affects several residents within our Parish. Subsequently, I spoke to officers within the Trust and gained the impression that the consultation would be extended to allow our comments to be made. Sadly that was not to be the case. However, we have been asked to contribute on the potential terms of a temporary Licence to the Club.
ii. A draft response is being prepared and will be circulated for approval. This will also take into consideration the several concerns raised by email by affected residents.

Proposed amendments to Standing Orders.
These are still under review and will be circulated in due course.

5. Public Forum – none.

6. Finance
12/226
i. Payment of accounts. The following cheques were approved for payment. Proposed by Cllr Lane, seconded by Cllr Stokes. All in favour.
952 PCC Hyde-Link Magazine renewal 80.00
953 Julians Press-October newsletter 54.75
954 Grant-Victim Support 50.00
955 Grant-Vitalise 50.00
956 Grant-New Forest Citizens Advice Bureau 50.00
957 Grant-PCC Hyde (Hyde with Ibsley Church) 200.00
958 Grant-Cross Lanes Chapel Property Trust 200.00
959 Grant-St Mary and All Saints Church, Ellingham 200.00
960 Grant-All Saints Church, Harbridge 200.00
961 Grant-New Forest DIS 50.00
962 Grant-RFFS 150.00
963 Terry Mason, Handyman – Nov invoice 48.00
964 Clerk N Mackenzie, Nov salary & expenses 563.30
965 Clerk Annual Home Office Use fee 104.00

12/227
Cllr Stokes referred to the minutes of the meeting on 23 October 2012 and advised the half year budget report incorrectly referred to Cllr Stokes claiming expenses of £1,429.71 in relation to the Jubilee benches. This was incorrect.

The minutes of 23 October 2012 and the half year budget report were proposed by Cllr Spark to be updated as follows:-

*This total includes (a) unpaid cheques from the previous year £1,003.96 which cannot be included in the budget and (b) expenses totalling £1,429.71 paid by the Parish Council directly to the company supplying the Jubilee benches, which has not yet been refunded by the Hanson Trust.

Seconded by Cllr Webster, all in favour.

12/228
ii. Financial report.
Current £8,862.62 (after above payments)
Business Reserve 1 £43,327.21 (Inc. Headlands 106 monies £28,224)
Business Reserve 2 £845.91

Clerk to check with the Bank that the new signatory has been added.

12/229
iii. NFDC Tax Base Consultation
Cllr Burtenshaw advised this item is not on the agenda but will be raised under correspondence as the Clerk had received details today about how the NFDC is reverting to its original proposals in the tax base consultation, however CCllr Heron advised it is unlikely to affect EHI hugely. Clerk to circulate email and ensure it is on the agenda for 22 January 2013.

Cllr Burtenshaw advised she would like to bring forward agenda item 12 County/District Matters for the attending Councillors’ reports.

12. County/District Matters
12/230
CCllr Heron advised Hampshire County Council have purchased lot 3 of Rockford Farm, which is approx. 16 acres and is continuous with HCC’s existing holding. Currently there are no concrete plans, however the land will be used for the benefit of the Commoning community. The County Council is the largest significant land owner and it has a budget to acquire land for the benefit of agriculture, farming, communing to help support these activities. CCllr Heron reported the fence has been cut several times, and they do not know who by, and it has undergone several costly repairs. CCllr Heron stated he is more than happy to speak with any residents to discuss any concerns or issues they may have on this topic and answer any questions. Contact details available from the Clerk.

12/231
Cllr Burtenshaw asked CCllr Heron’s advice on whether a response was required by EHI PC on the Hampshire Minerals & Waste Plan ‘Guidance on the Managed Aggregate Supply System’ consultation. CCllr Heron advised there was not anything specific to this Parish that would necessitate an EHI response.

12/232
DCllr Dow reported the Live Music Act 2003 has been superceded by the Live Music Act 2012. The key changes are no licence is required for live music events for unamplified music between 8am-11pm, and no licence is required for amplified music events for under 200 people between 8am-11pm. If any nuisance problems occur, the Environment Act 1990 could offer some protection.

12/233
Cllr Burtenshaw asked DCllr Dow for an update on his investigation into fishing rights on local lakes; he advised he has raised this with Chris Elliot and this is still being investigated.

CCllr Heron left the meeting at 8.05pm.

7. Crime in the Parish – none.

8. Environmental Matters:
12/234
Cllr Webster wanted to raise this topic:- a resident had contacted him in relation to a collapsed culvert opposite New Road in Mockbeggar. He was advised to respond to the resident and advise this SSSI verge is not owned by the Parish Council, but to contact the land owner (Somerley Estate).

i. Footpaths: no specific agenda items.
12/235
– The response to Sam Jones in relation to Parish projects to discuss at the next Blashford Lakes access Forum was discussed, and the Clerk will be sending a full list by email in the next day or two, including the bridge on footpath 38.
12/236
– Cllr Burtenshaw advised she has not yet, but she will investigate the Paths for Communities grant scheme for the January meeting. Clerk to add to the agenda.
12/237
– It was reported a resident had complained about footpath 23 (known as Green Lane and situated west of the Alderholt Road adjacent to Bleak Hill) recently being used for motorcycle trials by the Somerley Estate, and it is now in a dreadfully muddy condition. Cllr Burtenshaw will liaise with Somerley Estate and raise the Parish Council’s concerns.
12/238
ii. Hampshire County Council – schedule of maintenance. Cllr Burtenshaw reported the creation of this schedule is an ongoing mater, and the Clerk will circulate the report shortly.
12/239
iii. Blocked culverts at Cross Lanes Chapel – to agree course of action. Cllr Burtenshaw advised the Rev. Aaron Lewis of the Chapel had contacted her in relation to the frequent flooding at the bottom of Mockbeggar Lane East. The pipe under the road from the north verge to the south verge has been poorly put in and it blocks easily. Clerk to contact Bob Brown.
12/240
iv. Dockens Water; fallen trees and debris – to agree on course of action. Cllr Webster provided photos and talked the members through many pictures of the recent floods on Ellingham Drove and the debris in the Dockens Water. It was clarified that Dockens Water is classified as a river, therefore the Environment Agency would need to be involved. It was agreed the Clerk will contact Wessex Water, Cllr Errington to send the Clerk the photos.
v. Moyles Court Barriers/ Mockbeggar Lane Dragon’s Teeth -To receive Cllr Burtenshaw’s report on meeting with Natural England. Cllr Burtenshaw reported:-
12/241
– Jenny Thomas (Natural England) is happy to give a rolling 10 year consent on the digging of the ditch on the south verge of Mockbeggar Lane East, however the work would preferably need to be carried out in the autumn and it would not be able to be dug much deeper, but it could be wider in order to help the flow of water. Also there is a partially blocked culvert half way up the lane. This land belongs to the Somerley Estate, the Clerk to contact Somerley Estate.
12/242
– The results of the Small Fleabane survey indicate this small plant thrives especially well on the east verge at Cross Lanes and a small number on the green at South Gorley. Natural England advised how crucial it is that the verges are protected from cars driving/parking on it as this compacts the soil and damages the plants. Therefore, the Parish Council have been instructed to protect the wide verge opposite Cross Lanes Chapel and going north for three houses. Ditch and banking was discussed but Natural England advised this will cause too much disturbance to the verges, so dragon’s teeth will be used. Clerk to put on agenda for January meeting, visit site and draw sketch plan.
12/243
– Natural England are happy to give consent on the cutting back of brambles from Moyles Court ford to the Cross Lanes area. When final consent received, Clerk to contact Tom Hordle.
12/244
– The Moyles Court barriers were reviewed, and it was agreed a combination of ditch and bank and dragon’s teeth will be used. Dragon’s teeth will define the designated parking areas and the verges to the south of the ford. Ditch and bank will be used elsewhere. The Forestry Commission are likely to complete the work in January 2013. Clerk to advise Moyles Court School and Newlands Farm as adjoining owners.
12/245
– Finally, the installation of dragon’s teeth on Mockbeggar Lane East will be completed by the Forestry Commission on 11 December. Clerk to advise residents, Cllr Burtenshaw to advise Newlands Farm & Somerley Estate.
12/246
vi. Ditch and Culvert standard response. Cllrs Errington and Burtenshaw are still working on this project, liaising with the NPA.

9. Community Matters:
12/247
i. Interim update of HARAH drop in event. The Parish Council is still awaiting the report from Mags Wylie, as she will include up to date information from the NFDC on the requirements for affordable housing within the Parish.

10. Consultation Papers (to approve responses or agree attendees as appropriate):
12/248
i. Hampshire Minerals & Waste Plan ‘Guidance on the Managed Aggregate Supply System’; response by 17Dec’12. Cllr Burtenshaw will review the consultation keeping CCllr Heron’s advice in mind.

11. Outside Bodies:
12/249
To approve the Councillor’s circulated reports of meetings attended and to deal with any issues arising:
i. Western Escarpment Conservation Area Management Plan Steering Group minutes 15Oct’12-Cllrs Errington & Shand (circ.22Oct’12)
ii. Blashford Lakes Forum 16Oct’12-Cllrs Errington & Webster’s report (circ.12Nov’12)
iii. Ibsley Village Hall AGM 8Nov’12-Cllr Webster’s report (circ.12Nov’12)
iv. NFALC report 4Oct’12-Cllr Lane’s report (circ.23Nov’12)
v. Police Liaison meeting minutes 8 Nov’12 (circ.25Nov’12)

12. County/District Matters: discussed after agenda item 6

13. Correspondence
12/250
As briefly referred to under agenda item 6 Finance, the Clerk will circulate the latest emails on the tax base changes.

12/251
Cllr Burtenshaw advised she and Cllr Errington had successfully completed the Clerk’s annual review and her hourly rate will rise in accordance with the NJC pay scales (grade 22 points).

The meeting closed at 8.56pm.

Dates of forthcoming meetings to be held at Ellingham Church Hall at 7.30pm:-

Parish Council Planning Committee
No meeting in December Tuesday 11 December 2012
Tuesday 22 January 2013 Tuesday 8 January 2013