Parish Council minutes 26 March 2013

26 March 2013 ELLINGHAM, HARBRIDGE & IBSLEY PARISH COUNCIL Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held in Ellingham Church Hall on Tuesday 26 March 2013. Present: Cllr Lane (Chairman) Cllr Stokes Cllr Errington Cllr Webster Cllr Spark Cllr Richardson Cllr Shand DCllr Dow Natasha Mackenzie (Clerk)

Members of the Public (1).

1. Apologies 13/40 Apologies were received by the clerk from Cllr Burtenshaw and CCllr Heron.

2. Disclosures of Interest – none.

3. Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 26 February 2013. 13/41 It was resolved the minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 26 February 2013 were to be signed as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Cllr Spark and seconded by Cllr Shand.  All in favour (7). 4. Chairman’s Report on Matters Arising from 26 February 2013 13/42 Parking on Verges. Re: Cross Lanes Green.  On agenda. Re: General parking by fishermen on verges particularly by Rockford and Snails Lakes. Land ownership map required for use by PC and Blashford Lakes Access Forum. Again to be actioned by Chairman/Clerk.

Community Payback – Clerk still to liaise with Cllr Richardson on potential verges to be litter picked.  Clerk awaiting response from Community Payback coordinator to clarify what speed roads can be worked on.

Queen’s Diamond Jubilee – discussion re plaque on agenda.

Website  The website continues to develop and the volunteer Richard Loader is tweaking and uupdating information regularly to keep the website ‘current’. Moyles Court Barriers/Dragons Teeth The Forestry Commission have commenced the works the week of 25 March, Cllr Errington & the Clerk are liaising with them on this project.  They have requested the remains of the ‘Cango’ metal bus stop post are removed and Cllr Errington is investigating sourcing 5 tons material to infill the parking surface area.

Headlands 106 Monies. An update and explanation about the available funds is awaited from Martin Devine. Cllr Errington to chase.

Proposed amendments to Standing Orders. These are still under review By Cllr Burtenshaw and will be circulated in due course.   Fishing Rights on Local Lakes (12/233) DCllr Dow has investigated this matter with Chris Elliott, who has asked Somerley Estate to submit a Lawful Development Certificate application.  No update at present.

Environmental Matters -Footpaths.  Further to the Blashford Lakes Access Forum meeting, it was agreed for the Clerk to write to John Durnell (HIOWWT Head of Conservation – West Hampshire) once cleared with Fiona Bowles of Wessex Water.  Cllr Errington will assist the Clerk with drafting a letter.

-Paths for Communities Grant Scheme Tied in with the above project, Cllr Webster has investigated applying for grant funds to link the path/cycle way by the A338 at Ivy Lane junction to the permissive path by Ellingham Lake.  Clerk to advise NE we are planning to submit a grant application.  Also on this topic, a new ‘Sustainable Transport’ grant fund of £3.8m is being offered by the NPA.  Residents expressed in the Community Plan a desire for circular paths.  Cllr Shand to get in touch with Paul McDade for further information.

-Motor Cycle Trials – Effect on Footpaths The Somerley Estate have investigated this issue following many complaints and have installed a stile and gate at the Bleak Hill end of FP23.

-Schedule of Maintenance Updated schedule has been circulated and will continue to be done on a regular basis.

-Dockens Water – Fallen Debris A response is awaited from Wessex Water.

-Cross Lanes Verge protection (Small Fleabane)- on agenda.

-Ditch and Culvert standard response. This is retained as an ‘ongoing item’ but amendments may need to be considered in the light of our further discussions on flooding etc.  Clerk to write to Cllr Mel Kendal advising EHI would be keen to join the Lengthsman scheme.

Increasing number of Councillors Clerk is liaising with NFDC on this matter and will update in due course.

Discussion of proposal for Chairman’s technology contribution The Clerk will firstly investigate this with the NFDC Monitoring Officer before completing the payment of £350.

Harah – Affordable Housing Mags Wylie has suggested arranging an informal daytime meeting with herself & Nick Evans (NPA) to discuss how this can be moved forward with a couple of interested Councillors.  Volunteers – Cllrs Richardson and Lane.  Cllr Stokes will help investigate sites at a later stage.  Clerk to arrange.   5. Public Forum 13/43 An attending resident there are potholes on Churchfield Lane.  Clerk to report.

6. Finance 13/44 i. Payment of accounts.  The following cheques were approved for payment.  Proposed by Cllr Richardson, seconded by Cllr Spark.  All in favour. 981 Friends of Ellingham-church hall hire  140.00 982 Terry Mason, Handyman – Feb & Mar invoices  96.00 983 Cllr Shand-expenses  12.60 984 Clerk N Mackenzie, Feb salary & expenses  634.43 985 S Adams-refurbishment of noticeboard  365.00

13/45 ii. Financial report. Current £2,602.93 (after above payments) Business Reserve 1 £43,322.79 (Inc. Headlands 106 monies £28,224) Business Reserve 2 £1,083.00

Due to external auditor opinion that excessive credit balances should not be held by Parish Councils, Cllr Lane proposed to move £1500 to the Business Reserve 1 account.  Seconded by Cllr Spark, all in favour.  Clerk to action.

13/46 iii. Approval of payment of £100 to participate in GIS ForestMap Scheme.  Agreement to EHI PC’s participation of this scheme had been discussed at the Planning Committee meeting on 12 March, and it was proposed by Cllr Stokes to pay the £100 membership.  Seconded by Cllr Webster, all in favour.

13/47 iv. Consider application for Ice Cream pitch on Moyles Court verge by L. Lewis.  The request from L Lewis to operate her ice cream van from the Parish Council owned verge at Moyles Court ford was discussed.  It was agreed that in order to minimise inconvenience to the adjoining landowner; the van should be motorised or a vehicle should be easily accessible in order to move the trailer when requested; also the van should not park in front of the gated entrance.  Cllr Lane proposed increasing the fee to £775 for the period April 2013 to March 2014.  Seconded by Cllr Shand, all in favour.  Clerk to write to applicant.

13/48 v. Consider grant suggestion by Cllr Stokes.  Whilst Cllr Stokes outlined the cost of some of the equipment used at Spinnaker Lakes, it was determined that these were for the sole use of activities at the Spinnaker Sailing Club, and not for Sailability. After some discussion Cllr Errington proposed to award a grant of £200 to Sailability for their services to the community.  Seconded by Cllr Spark, all in favour.  Clerk to raise cheque.

7. Crime in the Parish – none.

8. Environmental Matters: 13/49 i. Footpaths.  Discuss proposed diversion of FP23 (circ.1Mar13).  Cllr Lane advised the Ringwood & Fordingbridge Footpath Society had given their approval to the diversion, and it was agreed the details be put on the notice boards and website.  Clerk to action.

13/50 ii. Ditches, culverts & overhanging vegetation: Request for bridge access over ditch at Cross Lanes by Mr Mawson.  Cllr Errington showed photos of the bridge (now removed) which had been installed by the applicant without permission, of the pollution caused and also of the existing pallets in the ditch which are creating a ‘crossing point’.  He raised his concerns of how the extremely rare Small Fleabane plant has been found in this immediate area, and how Natural England have asked the Parish Council to protect the plant.  Also the implication of creating a permanent wayleave to the property have to be carefully considered.  It will be deferred to the Planning Agenda on 9 April 2013.

13/51 iii. Consider erection of no parking signs at Cross Lanes Chapel.  It was clarified that the intention is to define designated parking area/s with dragon’s teeth to prevent the ‘creep’ of parking onto the grass verges which inevitably results in deterioration of the SSSI verge.  It has been noted by members that dog walkers are parking here and walking up Mockbeggar Lane East to access the commons as there is minimal parking available.  Clerk to contact Natural England to request their opinion. 13/52 iv. Agree date for Ragwort Pull & Litter Pick.  The Clerk proposed Saturday 13 July 2013, agreed by all.  Clerk to diarise to request black bags, grabbers etc from DCllr Bill Dow and liaise with Michelle Baxter, NT & HIWWT in an attempt to coordinate efforts to pull ragwort.  DCllr Dow expressed his regret that there is no joint NPA/NFDC/NT ‘litter pick’ week this year.

13/53 v. Consider permission for parrots feather pull in Gorley ditches.  Cllr Errington advised there is a source of funding available to cover the spraying of parrot’s feather in the Mockbeggar ditches and requested the Parish Council agree to a survey of the non-native, water-born invasive plant.  All agreed, motion carried.

9. Community Matters: 13/54 i. Consider whether to erect a plaque at the Jubilee Oak tree in Harbridge.  All agreed the costs of a suitable plaque should be investigated.  Cllr Stokes to action.

13/55 ii. Ellingham Show 10 August 2013 – update.  The working party’s first meeting in imminent and will report in due course.

13/56 iii. Suggestion of content for April issue of EHI Newsletter.  Cllr Lane requested more input from the Councillors for the newsletter; suggestions included National Trust request to keep dogs on leads to avoid disturbance to ground nesting birds, update on Linwood Bog bridge.  Suggestions to be sent to Clerk by 3 April.

10. Consultation Papers (to approve responses or agree attendees as appropriate): none

11. Outside Bodies: 13/57 To approve the Councillor’s circulated reports of meetings attended and to deal with any issues arising: i. NFALC minutes 17Jan13 (circ.1Mar13) – Cllrs Errington & Lane No issues raised on this report.

13. County/District Matters: i. Reports from County & District Councillors. CCllr Heron was not in attendance and DCllr Dow advised nothing further to report.

14. Correspondence – none.

The meeting closed at 8.45pm.

Dates of forthcoming meetings to be held at Ellingham Church Hall at 7.30pm:-

Parish Council Annual Meeting   Planning Committee Tuesday 28th May 2013    Tuesday 9 April 2013       Tuesday 14 May 2013 Annual Parish Meeting Tuesday 23 April 2013