Draft Planning Committee minutes 9 July 2013

These minutes are on the agenda to be approved at the next Planning Committee meeting on 6 August 2013

9 July 2013


Minutes of the meeting held in Ellingham Church Hall on Tuesday 9 July 2013.

Present: Cllr Spark – Chairman Cllr Errington Cllr Burtenshaw Cllr Lane Cllr Shand Cllr Stokes Cllr Webster Cllr Richardson

In attendance Natasha Mackenzie – Clerk

Members of the public (1)

1. Apologies – none.

2. Declarations of interest – none.

3. Minutes of the last meeting (18 June 2013) 13/95P The minutes of the last Planning Committee meeting on 18 June 2013 were approved and signed as correct.  Proposed by Cllr Shand, seconded by Cllr Stokes.  All in favour (8).

4. Matters arising. 13/96P 12/95P – TPOs within parish.  Two sets of plans for TPO 1094.  The tree team have advised Clerk both TPOs have been incorrectly issued with same number, and they will be reviewed in due course when resources are available.  Clerk to chase Liz.

12/175P Adlams Plantation.  Clerk has sent request for this wood to be TPO’d.  Liz Beckett advised she has liaised with Rosemary Box and this wood is within a s.106 stating the wood needs to be managed for a period of 80 years by systematic thinning and removal of Turkey oaks.  When it is finalised, Liz will review the s.106 and advise the clerk her opinion.  Clerk to chase Liz.

13/61P – Ring-barking to trees at Merrihill.  Clerk has raised concerns with the owner by letter and provided contact details for the NPA tree team.  No update at present.

13/75P – question re: restoration of the ConBloc site, Ellingham Drove was raised by Cllr Burtenshaw at the Hanson Concrete Charitable Trust meeting on 20 June, where the Parish Council’s concerns were noted however currently the future of the site is not known and the restoration plans are still awaited.

13/76P – resident request of removal of concrete lamp posts in Cuffnells Close – Clerk is investigating with HCC Highways if they can be removed.  No update at present.

13/91P – mobile home at Cobley Wood.  The temporary planning permission expired in April 2013 and the applicant is in the process of submitting a new application.

13/94P – Equestrian activities at Barn 1, Lomer Lane.  NFDC Enforcement has advised the Clerk that the owners intend to submit an application, a site meeting is scheduled with their agent soon, and a response awaited from HCC Highways re: road safety/visibility etc.  It was reported that the property is currently for sale, Clerk to update Enforcement.

5. Public Forum – none.

6. Development control and TPO applications. 13/97P NPA 13/98616 6 Cuffnells Close, Mockbeggar – single storey rear extension.  Cllr Burtenshaw explained the location of the property on aerial maps and showed photos.  The size of the extension is 4 sq.m, to be sited at the rear of the property, and is in keeping with other properties within the cul-de-sac.  The existing floor space is 77 sq.m and with the extension it would be 100 sq.m which is the limit for a small dwelling, and therefore within the boundaries of policy.  The proposed ridge height is lower than the existing ridge, and the front entry point is unchanged.

Cllr Burtenshaw proposed to recommend permission under option 3, as the proposal is in keeping with the local area.  Seconded by Cllr Stokes, all in favour (8).

13/98P NPA 13/98521 Alice Lisle Inn, Gorley Road, Rockford – illuminated & non-illuminated signage and NPA 13/98520 Alice Lisle Inn, Gorley Road, Rockford – illuminated & non-illuminated signage (Listed Building Consent); both amended plans.  These items will be discussed together. The amended proposals were reviewed, and members were pleased to note that some of their comments have been taken on board and resulted in these amended applications; such as removal of the large signs on the gable end and over the beer garden. Concerns were raised as follows:- • The existing floodlights are to remain, and it was agreed the 6 coach lamps are more aesthetically pleasing, however it was previously noted that there are no details included of wattage or mention of shrouding the lamp to minimise the light spill outside the curtilage of the public house; • The totem has changed, and the previously proposed oval shaped cameo was preferred as it is more representative of a traditional public house and more in keeping with the surrounding rural countryside; • The two A frame chalkboards are only to be displayed within the curtilage of the public house, not on the adjacent green by the Gorley Road; • The sign on Rockford Green has not been reduced in size at all, but made taller by the addition of finials. Cllr Spark wanted to recommend a split decision as follows:- The Parish Council are in favour of the following signs:- • Sign A – but would like it noted that the Parish Council are disappointed the existing floodlights are to remain, and would prefer the new coach lights but with details of wattage and confirmation of shrouding to keep the light spill within the curtilage of the public house; • Sign B • Sign C • Sign D • Sign E – as long as both are sited within the curtilage of the public house • Sign F The Parish Council are not in favour of the following signs:- • Sign I – it was noted the down lighting of the sign is a distinct improvement on the existing totem, however the Parish Council prefer the original proposed oval shaped cameo sign as it is more representative of a traditional public house and more in keeping with the surrounding rural countryside. • Sign J – the sign has not been reduced in size, and it has been made taller by the addition of finials.  The Parish Council would prefer the sign to be the same size as the existing sign, as the totem is clearly visible when approaching the site. Cllr Spark proposed to recommend refusal under option 4, with the ‘in favour’ and ‘against’ reasons detailed above included.  Seconded by Cllr Lane, 7 in favour, 1 against.

7. Decisions received from NFDC & NPA (circulated prior to agenda approved): 13/99P NFDC 12/99086 Hamer Warren Landfill Site, Somerley – granted temporary permission NPA 13/98461/LDCP Blackheath Farm, Toms Lane, Linwood – raise no objection NFDC 13/10487 Blashford Cottage, Salisbury Road, Blashford – granted stc NPA TPO/13/0327 Woodland adj. To Wychwood, Bleak Hill, Harbridge – granted

8. Appeals & Enforcement (circulated prior to agenda approved): 13/100P NPA 13/0051 Forest Corner, Mockbeggar – construction of decking; no further action by NPA.  The members agreed that the decision by the NPA to take no further action against this breach was disappointing.  The advertising of letting of the property and the mobile home was discussed, and concern of the use of the Parish Council owned land as a right of way.  It was agreed that the Clerk write to the resident in relation to these matters and update NPA Enforcement about the letting advertisement of the mobile home.  Clerk to do.

13/101P Concerns were discussed on the length of time which issues which are reported to NFDC Enforcement have been outstanding for; once since 1997.  It was agreed that Cllr Burtenshaw will draft a letter to David Groom, the Clerk will circulate it to all for comments before being sent to NFDC.

9. Correspondence – none.

10. Other Business 13/102P The ragwort on Rockford Green is prolific this year, Clerk to contact the owner – Ringwood Angling.  The annual ragwort pull and litter pick is this forthcoming Saturday, all were encouraged to bring gloves and meet opposite Cross Lanes Chapel at 10am.  The National Trust and some of its volunteers are joining forces with us, and will bring a trailer and land rover.   13/103P Content for the next edition of the newsletter was discussed; please forward to the Clerk by Tuesday 16 July.

13/104P Cllr Lane advised the banners for the show should be erected ASAP – Clerk advised we are awaiting stand numbers from the organisers.  Clerk to chase.

13/105P The members were advised there is an auction of Mr Loader’s farm at Bleak Hill on 2 August.  Also it was noted a new access has been opened up on the Gorley Road between Forelock Farm and Cross Lanes, Clerk to write to Somerley Estate asking their intentions.

Meeting closed at 8.50pm.

The next Planning Committee meeting will be held on Tuesday 6th August 2013 at 7.30pm in Ellingham Church Hall.