Parish Council minutes 24 September 2013

24 September 2013 ELLINGHAM, HARBRIDGE & IBSLEY PARISH COUNCIL Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held in Ellingham Church Hall on Tuesday 24 September 2013. Present: Cllr Burtenshaw (Chairman) Cllr Lane Cllr Errington Cllr Webster Cllr Stokes Cllr Spark Cllr Richardson Cllr Shand DCllr Dow Natasha Mackenzie (Clerk)

Members of the Public (0).

1. Apologies 13/123 Apologies were assumed by the clerk from CCllr Heron, as he was not in attendance.

2. Disclosures of Interest – none.

3. Minutes of the meeting held on 23 July 2013. 13/124 It was resolved the minutes of the meeting on 23 July 2013 were to be signed as a true and accurate record.  Proposed by Cllr Spark and seconded by Cllr Webster.  All in favour (8). 4. Chairman’s Report on Matters Arising from 28 May 2013 13/125 -Parking on Verges. (13/95) Temporary signs erected but need tidying up. Permanent signs will be placed in due course. Natural England proposes monitoring the question of potential damage to verges before embarking on any costly scheme of protection.

-Land ownership map Ongoing project.

-Website This is much improved due to ongoing and much appreciated input by volunteer Richard Loader. The need for more data to be input onto the site so that the site does not stagnate was discussed, and how to take this forward.  All agreed to send information to the Clerk for inclusion.

-Footpaths and Cycle Routes See agenda item on NFDC Consultation.

-Annual Insurance and Asset Register Updated by the Clerk; Clerk will circulate on 25 September.

-Widening of single track road at Linwood A meeting was attended By Cllr Errington on 15th August with Edward Heron and Richard Bastow (HCC).  All agreed a phased scheme needs to be implemented to re-establish the grass and reduce encroachment in consultation with various parties including the Parish Council. The first phase is likely to be Spring 2014, which may well include further bunding and car free ditching. The project will be monitored by Cllr Errington for further updates.

-Crime – Vandalism of Red Shoot Notice Board (13/111) The Clerk has instructed Steve Adams to replace front section as cleaned glass is still difficult to read through.

-Ditches, Culverts etc. The potholes at Moyles Court ford and North End Farm have been reported to Bob Brown, and they are scheduled in with their contractor for repair.

-Community Payback. (13/114) The Community Payback team will be carrying out ditch maintenance from Ibsley Service Station to Cross Lanes, as following advice from HCC Highways they are not permitted to work directly adjacent to live roads.  We propose to encourage the team to clear out residents’ culverts with an appropriate letter to be sent by Clerk to residents beforehand, notifying them that this is not absolving them of their ongoing responsibility.  A small skip will be hired to clear away debris, at cost of the Parish Council.

-Forest Fit Club (13/117) Clerk will forward details from Michelle Baxter on the renewal of 6 month rolling licence for the Club. The licence is on the same terms, and the NT satisfied with the process, their approach and management and that of the Club.  Cllr Burtenshaw did comment it is a great shame that recreational activities on the forest cannot seem to co-exist.   5. Public Forum – none.

6. Finance 13/126 i. Payment of accounts.  The following cheques were approved for payment.  Proposed by Cllr Lane, seconded by Cllr Richardson.  All in favour (8). 1013 Multi-Signs-updating web address on banners  122.40 1014 Multi-Signs-new roadside show banner  105.12 1015 EPS Print & Design-newsletter printing  66.00 1016 Cllr Burtenshaw-expenses  190.30 1017 T Mason, handyman-May invoice & roof felt  80.30 1018 T Mason, handyman-June & July invoices & fence stakes  120.95 1019 N Mackenzie August salary & expenses  667.57 1020 Castle Marquees-Show hire  80.00 1021 M N Lambert-Moyles Court ford work (Claiming grant-HCCT)  488.31 1022 Cllr Shand-travel expenses  17.91 1023 N Mackenzie September salary & expenses  564.78

13/127 ii. Financial report. Current £1791.20 (after above payments) Business Reserve 1 £45,793.83 Business Reserve 2 £1,083.21

7. Parish Council Matters: 13/128 i. Adoption of updated Standing Orders & Risk Assessment (as circulated).  Cllr Burtenshaw reminded all members that she and Cllr Lane have been working on this and liaised with the Clerk at Ringwood Town Council for his comments on our current Standing Orders.  Terry Simpson’s comments were they are as he would expect for a Parish Council of our size and are in line with comparable councils.  He also advised NALC are in the process of updating their model Standing Orders and advised not to spend any more time on them at present, as there will be changes in the near future.

Cllr Burtenshaw has made minor amendments and circulated to all on 24 September for review.  Some minor points were discussed, and Cllr Stokes proposed to adopt the Standing Orders and Risk Assessment, seconded by Cllr Lane.  7 in favour and 1 abstention (as member had not reviewed the proposed Standing Orders).

13/129 ii. Ellingham Church Hall fixed equipment for meetings.  Cllr Spark detailed the specification of the laptop proposed for planning documents and to drive the projector for meetings; total cost £500.  Cllr Errington detailed the quotes for the screen/blind, surround sound system and projector which were agreed by all to be too expensive at over £8000.  It was agreed the requirements need to be simplified, with just the installation of a fixed projector screen.  The projector will either be hired or purchased separately.  Cllr Errington to forward costs to all for consideration at the October meeting.  Clerk to add to the agenda.

8. Crime in the Parish 13/130 It was noted that sadly there have been two house burglaries in Harbridge, which have been reported.

9. Environmental Matters: 13/131 i. Footpaths. Agenda item 9. iv brought forward.  The HCC path maintenance priority-review list (circ.28Aug13) was discussed.  Cllr Burtenshaw advised that 5 is not in EHI Parish, but in North Poulner, Ringwood.  All agreed Cllr Burtenshaw’s proposals for 707 and 719 to remain on list, and for maintenance to 703 to be continued on to include 733.  Clerk to respond to HCC.  13/132 ii. Ditches, culverts & overhanging vegetation: -Cllr Stokes raised again the desperate need for the vegetation blocking the view south when exiting Kent Lane onto the A338, as it has not been carried out.  Clerk to chase Bob Brown. 13/133 -Cllr Webster requested for hedge to be cut on Ellingham Drove where the permissive path exits as the hedges extends onto the road and reduces visibility for walkers.  Clerk to raise with Bob Brown. 13/134 -Cllr Webster requested for the Clerk to raise with HCC Highways the dark state of the road due to overhanging trees in the Linbrook Lake area.  Clerk to raise with Bob Brown. 13/135 -The bad visibility at Ellingham Cross Roads was discussed, especially when looking south on the A338.  Clerk to raise with Bob Brown.

13/136 iii. Rallye Sunseeker event in Ringwood Forest-18/19 October.  The Clerk had circulated the route details on 29July.  The need for stewarding in Harbridge was discussed; Clerk to liaise with the organisers.

10. Community Matters: 13/137 i. Ellingham Show 10 August 2013.  Cllr Lane circulated a summary of the event, detailing the total costs and thoughts on location, advertising, drinks reception and working party.  Working party is to convene earlier next year and thought given to a new strategy to bring in the residents.  Clerk to diarise for March 2014. 13/138 ii. Hampshire association of Local Councils AGM-19 October.  This was discussed and all agreed it is not necessary to send an attendee this year.  Clerk to send apologies. 13/139 iii. The Rural Fair Share petition; response needed by 28Sept.  The Clerk summarised the aim of the petition, which is to achieve a fairer share of available funding for rural areas.  The petition is available for anyone who wishes to sign after the meeting. 13/140 iv. HARAH update.  Cllr Lane advised an informal list of potential sites has been forwarded to HARAH and the NPA planners for their advice on the suitability of sites; she will update the Parish Council in due course of any progress.   11. Consultation Papers (to approve responses or agree attendees as appropriate): 13/141 i. NFDC Transport Scheme Amendment-A338 cycle/path link up; response by 30Sep’13 (circ.3Sep13).  All agreed they are happy with the NFDC’s proposals; Cllrs Richardson and Lane will work together and respond by 30 September deadline. 13/142 ii. Highways Maintenance Plan; response by 6Oct13 (circ.3Sep13).  Cllr Burtenshaw volunteered to review this consultation. 13/143 iii. Highways Management Policy Guidance; response by 6Oct13 (circ.3Sep13).  Cllr Burtenshaw volunteered to review this consultation. 13/144 iv. Extending Permitted Development Rights consultation; response by 15Oct13 (circ. 18Sep13).  Cllr Errington volunteered to review this consultation. 13/145 v. Forestry Commission Public Forest Estate Management body consultation; response by 25Sep13 (circ.18Sep13).  It was agreed that no response be made due to the time constraints on responding (deadline 25 Sept).

12. Outside Bodies: 13/146 To approve the Councillor’s circulated reports of meetings attended and to deal with any issues arising: i. New Forest Association of Local Councils (NFALC) 11Jul13 (circ.5Aug13)-Cllrs Burtenshaw & Lane. ii. Police Liaison meeting 11Jul13 (circ.5Aug13)-Cllr Shand.  Cllrs Shand & Stokes will attend the next meeting on 12 November.  Any questions for the new Police Commissioner are to be forwarded to them. iii. New Forest Passenger Transport Forum 17 Jul13 (circ.9Sep13)-unattended. No issues were raised.

13. County/District Matters: 13/147 i. Reports from County & District Councillors. CCllr Heron was not in attendance.  DCllr Dow advised he hoped all members had received their black glass recycling boxes; some members had not but this is likely to being on a rural round which will commence at a later date.  He confirmed following responses on the X3 bus consultation, amendments to the evening times had been extended.  Finally, Highwood lane will be closed for two days for potholes and repairs to the pull-ins.

14. Correspondence: 13/148 Cllr Burtenshaw advised the external annual audit had successfully been completed, with no comments.

13/149 Cllr Lane enquired if DCllr Dow was aware on the A31 night-time closures from Cadnam to Ashley Heath from 19 October for 3 nights; DCllr Dow to investigate and forward details.

13/150 Cllr Burtenshaw advised the restoration plan for the ConBloc site on Ellingham Drove has finally been received, with special thanks to Cllr Webster for his persistence on the topic.  Clerk to circulate.

13/151 Cllr Burtenshaw was pleased to advise she has been accepted as a member of the National Trust advisory board.  She will attend the forthcoming meeting in December.  Clerk to note on Outside Bodies list.

13/152 Cllr Burtenshaw advised the Clerk will be circulating emails on the NFDC enforcement action for Mockbeggar Lake as the Parish Council’s views are being sought.  Clerk to add to agenda for Planning Committee on 8 October.

13/153 Cllr Errington voiced concerns of the parking by fisherman in lay-bys on Ivy Lane.  Cllr Burtenshaw agreed to raise this with both of the local fishing clubs.

The meeting closed at 9.05pm.

Dates of forthcoming meetings to be held at Ellingham Church Hall at 7.30pm:-

Parish Council     Planning Committee Tuesday 22 October 2013  Tuesday 8 October 2013 Tuesday 26 November 2013  Tuesday 12 November 2013