Safe disposal of grass, hedge and garden trimmings

Whilst enjoying the spring weather and working in your garden, please remember to ensure all grass, hedge and plant trimmings are disposed of safely and not left on verges where the forest stock can have a nibble at them.  Many seemingly harmless garden plants are poisonous to the forest stock, and ingestion of poisonous plants could result in colic, convulsions, diarrhoea and paralysis.

Did you know that foxgloves, buttercups, privet, laurel and rhododendrons are all poisonous to horses?  Please think before you dispose of trimmings.